Cost: $5.00 | Shipping: $2.50
Purchase via PayPal:
Women's Education in the Global Economy
By Miriam Ching Louie with Linda Burnham
Women, workers, indigenous peoples, and poor communities are paying
a heavy price for globalization. Women's Education in the Global
Economy (WEdGE), a popular education workbook, increases our
understanding of how women around the globe are affected by the global
economy and how they are organizing to defend their rights.
WEdGE is ideal for use by community, labor, religious, student and
other organizations to explore women's economic justice struggles
in participatory and collective ways.
Table of Contents:
Download a Sample Exercise!
- Are My Clothes Clean? - Women & the Global Assembly Line
- Don't Get SAPped! - Women and Structural Adjustment Programs
- Living on the Edge - Welfare, Low-Wage Work and Homelessness
- Who's Counting? - Unpaid, Contingent, and Informal-Sector Work
- Defending Our Communities - Women and the Environment
- Women's Rights are Human Rights - Migrant Labor and Sex Trafficking
- Bringing Global Sisterhood Home - Women Get Organized